2005 Ford Freestyle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Ford Freestyle
- knocking noise on water pump side top of 3.0l engine at idle goes away with load
- wrench light comes on when started in cold then wont go if put in gear
- My mechanic light and engine light came on why do it keep saying check transmiss
- how to change A.C. expansion valve
- AC is blowing hot air when car is not moving in hot weather (above 90)
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Ford Freestyle Problems
A defective electronic throttle body (ETB) can cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate and could have limited to no throttle response. Our technicians tall us that replacing the electronic throttle body will commonly correct this concern.
If the rear brakes wear out abnormally fast, this can be caused by defective rear brake pads. The rear wheels may also appear to become excessively dusty. They should be replaced with revised brake pads, and all wheel drive (AWD) vehicles should replace front brake pads as well.
Binding of the shifter slider can make the transmission shifter difficult to move. Replacing the bezel should fix this problem.
2005 Ford Freestyle Questions
AC is blowing hot air when car is not moving in hot weather (above 90). However, AC is blowing cold air when driving (especially above 60 miles/hour). When temperature is below 90, the AC is blowing cold air, even when it's not moving.
Is there a fuse for speakers? The sterio is working fine. Just no speaker sound, not even static
2005 Ford Freestyle Reviews
Pverall Great car. DVD player view screen does not stay up, had issue with broken back seat laying down, currently having an issue with random lurching when starting from a stop we cant seem to find out why. drives great. CRT great. repair maintenance costs low
I do like this car. not as well appointed as other suv's in its class but it's been reliable and fun. good throttle response, quick smooth acceleration. maybe a little loud at freeway speed, but overall nice ride. better fuel mileage would also be a plus.
I love my Freestyle especially how it handles in the snow. I purchased it new in 2005 and have had minimal problems with it. We even hit a deer last year and the car was ok other then cosmetic issues. Love this car just wish it was better on gas.