2001 Ford Focus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford Focus
- rear drivers side tire is bent in, replaced wheel bearing hub and assembly
- I have several issues with my car is there a way to fix a little at a time?
- The pully on the ac compressor starts and stops will this cause engine damage
- Has there been a recall on Ford Focus accelerator cable?
- battery cables, alternator, or PCM? i've heard all 3 could be my problem
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Ford Focus Problems
In areas of high corrosion rear wheel bearings tend to fail. Ford agreed to replace these failed bearings at no cost. This program was to expire on December 31, 2002. Our technicians tell us it is unlikely Ford will replace any more of these failed bearings free of charge.
2001 Ford Focus Questions
I need to repair the Heating and Air neither works at all, the fan is the only thing blowing out the vents. The front end makes a noise as if something is lose in the tire area. Also would love to get breaks replaced and the oil changed along with a tune up.
2001 automatic Ford Focus problem! Randomly when I am driving at either high or low speeds my car will all of the sudden jolt and lose acceleration as if it shifted into neutral. It only lasts for a second or two and only does this when the "multifunction" light turns on. Sometimes it w...
2001 Ford Focus Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2005 Focus vehicles in states that use road salt because corrosion may build up at the pawl pivot area of the rear door latch. This may prevent the door from latching properly. If this occurs, an occupant could fall out of the vehicle. Dealers will install a lower rocker seal to the door to prevent corrosive material from entering and will evaluate the rear door latches, which will either be lubricated or replaced.
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2001 Focus vehicles because the filter in the fuel delivery module may be contaminated. This may cause reduced fuel pressure, which can lead to hesitation, loss of power, and surging. Dealers will replace the fuel delivery module.
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2001 Focus vehicles because the battery cable insulation may become damaged. This may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate and the vehicle may fail to start. Dealers will secure the battery cables as necessary and verify proper routing. If insulation damage is present, the cable will be replaced.
2001 Ford Focus Reviews
I have a 2001 ZX3 with 300k on it. i have only had to replace the fule pump, and a motor mount. other than that only normal driving issues. i am a gm girl, but i have to say that ford finally got it right with the small car.
I bought my 2001 ford focus new. It has been a thorn in my side. It only has 60 thousand miles. The steering is bad, I have had BOTH ty-rods break while driving the car, the front coil also broke while driving the car. The radio comes on and goes off at will. When you try to turn the radio up it goes to zero ,when you try to turn it down,it goes to 16 or goes off. My 1600,00 dollar NEW car has ...
This is an OK car for commuting. The road noise is terrible and very poor on the acceleration.