2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Problems
Delamination of the diesel fuel tank can occur resulting in a loss of power due to debris clogging the fuel filters. In some cases the fuel injection pump and/or fuel injectors have also been damaged. Ford has issued a service bulletin (#
The high pressure diesel fuel injection pump may fail, resulting in a "no start" condition.
The cooler for the EGR valve can leak coolant internally, which causes white smoke to come from the tail pipe. Hot exhaust gases are cooled by the EGR cooler before being circled back into the engine.
2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Questions
only on when truck is idling or I stop accelerating
Just changed EGR valve hoping this would help. Tailpipe smokes a little bit bluish from time to time when traveling slower or when engine is not up to full operating temperature. Please help. Thanks.
Also hard to start im guessing fuel pump is going out
2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Recalls
Continental Tire has recalled original equipment tires on 2005 Ford F150 and 2006 Ford F150, F250, and F350 trucks. These tires do not meet federal standards as required for premature wear. Tires that wear prematurely may be more prone to failure, which can cause significant safety issues. Continental has notified owners and will replace the tires at no expense to the owner.
2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Reviews
bought this truck used with 96k, have already spent well over 7k on the engine with only 140k. replaced the engine cooler, three injectors, turbo, both batteries and numerous other sensors. love the look of the ford truck, I think ford should stand up and make what ever repairs needed to make the engine right. I now need to take truck to shop again tomorrow to repair loss of power. stay away fr...
Great vehicle, a dependable workhorse. I've must've gotten lucky, haven't had the problems other owners typically bring up (knock on wood).