1999 Ford F-250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford F-250
- my f-250 speedometer reads 90 mph and when you speed up it reads less and less
- I am throwing a P0401 , P0430, too lean, and several misfires.
- i have oil leek in front of engine it might be the front main seal
- when vehicle is cold should the cooling fan spin with no resistance at all
- vibration upon acceleration stops when i let off trottle
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Ford F-250 Problems
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
1999 Ford F-250 Questions
I changed all O2 sensors, and EGR valve about 9 months ago before finding a vacuum leak. CAT is not rattling. Any ideas?
its destroying every
gauge indicates normal yet under the hood everything is so hot i cant touch anything
1999 Ford F-250 Recalls
Vehicles sold or currently registered in states using corrosive chemicals to de-ice the roads may have fuel tank straps that can rust prematurely and fail. If the fuel tank were to shift as a result of a broken strap, the fuel lines could separate or the fuel tank could contact the ground. In either case, a fuel leak could develop, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank straps with straps that have increased corrosion protection. Early in the campaign, if replacement straps are not available, dealers may install a cable support under the strap as an interim repair or a steel reinforcement over the existing strap as a permanent repair. This recall is expected to begin September 12, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S21.