1996 Ford F-250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Ford F-250
- parking brake light does not work when set parking brake
- Truck runs good but when it is hot out it stops and wont start runs good at nigh
- Truck runs good but when its hot out it will stop running and won't start
- What is the torque for the heads, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold?
- 1985 f250,300 eng.,heavy duty manual tranny.made a little whirring noise driveli
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Ford F-250 Problems
A ticking noise may develop from the engine due to a warped exhaust manifold. Damaged exhaust manifolds will require replacement to correct this issue.
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
Failure to change the power steering fluid can cause the fluid to become gray with metal particles. The contaminated fluid can damage the power steering pump resulting in a growling noise when the wheel is turned; the damaged pump will require replacement to eliminate the noise.. Life of the power steering gearbox and pump will be shortened if the fluid is not serviced regularly.
1996 Ford F-250 Questions
Truck runs good but when it is hot out it stops and wont start runs good at night when its cooler
I have replaced Plugs, Wires, Cap, Button, Air Filter. Removed inspected and replaced Catalytic Converter. Repaired one vacuum leak. Motor starts and idles fine. When taking off Slow it does great. As soon as you try to put the gas down to take off or to pass another vehicle it will accelerate hi...
1996 Ford F-250 Recalls
1996 Ford F-250 Reviews
Only major problem was Transmission shift problem at 12000 miles. Ford "replaced" tranny (under warranty), started again at 20000 miles. Amaco fixed for $87. parts and labor no problems since now at 77000 miles
My truck just turned 186,000 miles on it and the only thing I've done to it was a new battery, brakes, and tires. It still drives like a dream especially considering the miles and i haul with it several times a week.
Great Truck! The glow plugs had to be replaced and the water pump replaced because it was leaking. Never left me stranded or worried. I have the 7.3L Turbo Diesel