1992 Ford F-250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Ford F-250
- Why will my engine not accelerate unless I unhook the vacuum on the map sensor?
- why am I getting black smoke out of tail pipe?
- How do I fix drivers side window that won't close without pulling the window up
- Where is the Underhood Power Network Box located?
- when i fill front gas tank with fuel, why does the fuel gradually
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Ford F-250 Problems
A ticking noise may develop from the engine due to a warped exhaust manifold. Damaged exhaust manifolds will require replacement to correct this issue.
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
The tachometer sensor may fail; if the tachometer needle jumps around and the transmission has harsh shifts or does not upshift, this sensor should be checked. This sensor is mounted in a cover at the front of the motor.
1992 Ford F-250 Questions
The fuel pump went out on the truck and now I have fuel once again and the truck will run but when I try to accelerate (even in park) it falls straight on it's face. now if I unhook vacuum on map sensor I can accelerate but that makes the truck not want to shift.
About 4 days ago my truck wouldn't start until I smacked on the gas tank, so I replaced the fuel pump but now when truck starts it is running rough and there is black smoke coming from exhaust. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
the window will jump if ipull on the top and press the close button at the same time.
1992 Ford F-250 Recalls
Ford has extended the warranty coverage of the fuel pump and sending unit assembly in 1990-1993 F150, F250, and F350 trucks. In some trucks, the check valve may become damaged inside the fuel pump unit. This can cause fuel to travel from one tank to the other, creating an overflow condition. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak may result in a fire. Dealers will repair the fuel pump and sending unit for up to 12 years or 150,000 miles from the original warranty start date.
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 E and F Series vehicles due to improper tension in the accessory drive belt. On some vehicles, the belt can detach from the pulleys, which can cause multiple system failures. Dealers will install a new tensioner pulley, drive belt, belt guide, and idler pulley.
1992 Ford F-250 Reviews
I have a 1992 Ford F-250 5.8 and I changed the fuel pump and filter and their is fuel at the fuel rail but it's not going into the throttle body. now when I put gas into the throttle it runs until it runs out what could be the problem?
I've got a 1992 5.8L 2WD. I'm the fourth owner and there are only 107k miles. My kids fit in the back seat and I can haul just about anything with this beast. Since I've owned it I've had to replace the battery, replace rear brake lines and the front calipers are frozen and need to be replaced. The steering is a little loud but works fine and the car sometimes locks itself and I learned to le...