2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- My truck shows eight recalls. How do I find if they've been done???
- my f-250 (6.0L) has started making a hissing noise from the engine at take off.
- Exhaust System clean cycle
- ALL my power windows are not working. Checked fuse, replaced switches etc on dr
- What is causing a crank but no start symptom on my 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems
The cooler for the EGR valve can leak coolant internally, which causes white smoke to come from the tail pipe. Hot exhaust gases are cooled by the EGR cooler before being circled back into the engine.
A coolant leak from the radiator can be caused by a defective thermostat bypass. This can cause pressure spikes in the cooling system, which leads to radiator failure. The thermostat assembly and radiator should be replaced.
Delamination of the diesel fuel tank can occur resulting in a loss of power due to debris clogging the fuel filters. In some cases the fuel injection pump and/or fuel injectors have also been damaged. Ford has issued a service bulletin (#
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Questions
I have 08 ford f250 6.4dsl, the injector pump ready to replace it but I see the gear in the front and was concerned about having it misaligned. help.
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Recalls
On certain trucks, the fuel tank may move forward in a frontal impact, possibly damaging the fuel delivery module and allowing fuel to spill. This could cause a fire in the presence of an ignition source. Dealers will install a reinforcement bracket free of charge. The recall began May 23, 2008. The Ford recall number is 08C04.
The welded lift blocks may compress due to over tightening of the u-bolts or excess vehicle payloads, reducing the clamping force of the u-bolts. This could result in shifting and damage to the rear axle and drive shaft. Truxx will replace the affected lift blocks with non-welded aluminum or cast iron blocks to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin on April 16, 2008. The Truxxx recall number is 08-01BLK.
Improper welds on some 40 percent split and captain's driver seats may allow the seat back to break at the seat pivot bracket. In a crash, if the seat pivot breaks, the risk of injury to the driver is increased. Dealers will add a reinforcement to the driver's seat back frame on both style seats or replace the seat back frame if necessary. The recall began March 28, 2008. The Ford recall number is 08C01.
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Reviews
Truck rides better than my other car, a G-35 Infiniti. Steering is tight and bumps are absorbed without bounces being felt in the cab. Step/handle in tailgate is fabulous. Only complaint is mpg, so far with a little over 1,000 miles on the truck, its doing 12mpg. I'm hoping for an improvement as I put more miles on the truck.
worst truck I've ever owned,blown motor at 120,000 now may need another at 240,000 The dealer want touch it now. NEVER will I buy another Ford .
My 08 Superduty has just over 70000 well taken care of miles. Earlier this summer I noticed a radiator leak. $1200.00 for a new radiator. Just after that repair, $350 for a new exhaust probe. Now at 73k I'm told I need new upper and lower ball joints and that my steering box is leaking badly - together another $2500.00. Not to mention that every time I touch the driver's side door handle I ...