2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- Why does the oil cage not come up?
- the tail lights come on and go off randomly when the engine is off.
- My truck keeps overheating... Thermostat or water pump?? or something else?
- My truck keeps overheating... Thermostat or water pump? Or something else?
- Battery indicator light came on, brakes & power steering don't work well.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
Delamination of the diesel fuel tank can occur resulting in a loss of power due to debris clogging the fuel filters. In some cases the fuel injection pump and/or fuel injectors have also been damaged. Ford has issued a service bulletin (#
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Questions
Why does the oil cage not work, there is oil in the truck. After driving a short distance it comes up to full. this is a 2002 Ford F250. 180,000 miles.
sometimes they go off when I turn engine off then later on I will notice they are on again, I start it and shut it off and sometimes they go off right then, later they come on again
2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Recalls
The courtesy lamps on affected running boards may overheat when exposed to moisture and road salt. Overheating may cause the lamps and boards to melt or start a fire. Dealers will replace the wiring harness for these running boards.
2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Reviews
I have had tihs truck for 5 years now. I bought it used with 31,000 miles on it, now has 89,900. I traded my 98 silverodo HD with 8L for it and let me tell you I'll never own another GM product again that truck cost me more /month in repairs than what my payments were and pulling power was a joke slitest upgrade it would die . I have a 14,ooo lb. fifth wheel camper and the ford with the 6.8l ou...
I have a 2002 F-250 super cab 5.4L gasoline V-8. I bought the truck used in 2007 with 125,000 miles on it. It was well maintained and miles were mostly highway as they pulled a fifth wheel trailer with it. I rebuilt the front end and replaced the shocks after 6 months of owning it. I put ceramic pads all four wheels which makes a huge difference in stopping. I now have 212,000 miles with origin...
Bought my 2002 F-250 4X4 V-10 new. Now has 74,000 mi many of which were driven with a full sized Slide in Camper in the bed. In all these 12 years the one and only issue I've had is when the passenger door lock would not respond to the remote door lock signal. That is all. No leaks, no spark plug blow outs or seizing - (knock on wood)as some folks are having. I previously had a 1998 F-250 light...