1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- Trucks dings when getting on the highway after about three miles, no lights come on and driving and power doesn't seem affected.
- AFTER STARTING, AS IT WARMS UP IT BEGINS TO BOG OUT TILL IT TURNS OFF
- EXCUSE MY GRAMMAR GUYS, I MEANT COOLED INSTEAD OF COLD
- After running it starts to bog out and turn off/canged filter &fuel pump already
- Dash light , back taillights running lights not working ?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems
The cooler for the EGR valve can leak coolant internally, which causes white smoke to come from the tail pipe. Hot exhaust gases are cooled by the EGR cooler before being circled back into the engine.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
Delamination of the diesel fuel tank can occur resulting in a loss of power due to debris clogging the fuel filters. In some cases the fuel injection pump and/or fuel injectors have also been damaged. Ford has issued a service bulletin (#
1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Questions
1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Recalls
1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Reviews
i love my superduty crew cab 4x4 i have the 7.3 power stroke with 394,000 on it.i have put two transmissions,four sets of breaks,and set of ball joints,two waterpumnps and it still runs great and pulling power is great
This truck has a 6.8 L gas engine which gets about 12 MPG empty and 8 mpg when used to tow my 13,500 lb. fifth wheel trailer, but the power is worth it. It's also handy to haul stuff to the dump! The only problem I've had in 10 years is an overhaul of the air conditioner and problems with the electric door lock and light sensor on the passenger door.
Ive plowed snow commercially with the 7.3 for 12 yrs.I have plowed with many trucks and none push snow or pull like this truck.I have replaced oil pan brakes and all the normal parts but this is the best truck ive ever had.biggest problem is the wire harness from engine to body.the wires in one spot look like they were kinkedand the wire corrodes and blowes apart.The insulation was not pierced....