2007 Ford F-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Ford F-150
- My cruise control and air quit working at the same time.
- After changing neutral safety switch my truck will not stay running very long and only after resetting fuel switch
- How do I replace in interruptor switch
- not much heat sometimes it works fine I checked coolant an hoses
- I had a power steering pump put on and it still makes same sound.
2007 Ford F-150 Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
2007 Ford F-150 Questions
I have new plugs and boots, I did not change coils. I bought a new coil for that cylinder, but the jerky misfire is still there
Clogged fuel injector. How do i repair?
A month ago i had what seemed like the same misfire which gets worse over a week then it falls on its face. i have a scanner and graphed it live. last time i took the egr off and cleaned it and the throttle body off and cleaned and checked a hundred times for vac leaks etc. Its ran fine for a mon...
2007 Ford F-150 Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2007 F150 trucks due to a concern with the fuel tank. Some fuel tanks may have a manufacturing flaw, which allows fuel to permeate the fuel tank wall. This could cause a fuel odor and possibly a Check Engine Light. Dealers will replace the affected fuel tanks.
2007 Ford F-150 Reviews
I purchased my 2007 Ford F150 new and enjoyed its purchase until the past couple of years. It now has 89,000 miles on it and it is not used as a work truck but merely transportation. This past year it has proven to be a lemon by all standards and the costly repairs just keep coming. In the past three months I have spent over $2500 and am looking at another $1500 - $1800 today if I follow the...
I purchased my 2007 Ford F150 in December 2007. Within the first 3 months I had my radio go bad twice and have to be replaced, then my sirius antenna wnet bad and had to be replaced. By the time the radio was working my Sirius trial was finished. I fought with Ford to extend it which they eventually did. I also purchased my F150 with a spray in bedliner. For starters, the people who did th...
I have a 2007 f 150 and am not at all pleasesed with the fact that it is a 4 x 4 truck and when put into 4 x 4 drive it does not ingage. This repair will likly cost about 500.00 to fix so that I can drive my truck in 4 x 4. Not what I had Planned when paying all of those payments. Way to go Ford another find product.