2003 Ford F-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Ford F-150
- What is the cost to replace an oil pump?
- Why my ac on lowest speed fan temperature is about 48 and at full speed fan 64-8
- 2003 f150 5.4 liter obd. Says fuel mix to lean engine runs very rough what do I
- I have a bad idle and surging problem after it warms up.
- truck pops and kicks when i give it gas but runs fine at idle.what can cause thi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2003 Ford F-150 Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
2003 Ford F-150 Questions
Ac on low fan speed, gauge read ok on both high and low ports, when fan full speed high port pressure go down (ac compressor is brand new)
I have a obd. Handheld and it keeps giving Code. Po 171 fuel mixture to lean bank 1
If I un plug the MAF it seems to clear up. Replaced MAF about 500 miles back. Replacing TPS and have replaced Vac sensors on EGR AND CANISTER vent valve.
2003 Ford F-150 Recalls
Vehicles sold or currently registered in states using corrosive chemicals to de-ice the roads may have fuel tank straps that can rust prematurely and fail. If the fuel tank were to shift as a result of a broken strap, the fuel lines could separate or the fuel tank could contact the ground. In either case, a fuel leak could develop, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank straps with straps that have increased corrosion protection. Early in the campaign, if replacement straps are not available, dealers may install a cable support under the strap as an interim repair or a steel reinforcement over the existing strap as a permanent repair. This recall is expected to begin September 12, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S21.
Ford has recalled 2003 Excursion and F150, F250, and F350 trucks because the speed control deactivation switch may leak and overheat, which can create a fire hazard. Dealers will install a fused wiring harness to the deactivation switch wiring.
Ford has recalled certain 2003 F150 trucks to inspect the retainer nut at the pitman arm where it mounts to the steering gear. On some trucks, the retainer may loosen, which can cause noise and lead to a possible detachment of the pitman arm. A loss of vehicle control could result. Dealers will tighten the pitman arm retainer nut to the appropriate specification.
2003 Ford F-150 Reviews
Bought this truck new In 2003. Has Not given us One minutes trouble. I just replaced the tires last week. has 80.000 miles on it . Tires still have good tread, was just scared they may be dry rotted. May blow up the next time I drive it, but Has been a great truck all the way around and has the 4.6 v8 auto trans,