1999 Ford F-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford F-150
- Has anyone had an issue with the computer key going bad?
- how to fix truck want start it has been staring ok when cold but when it warm up somtime it turn over a long time before it start .now it want start at all. what wrong fuel pump gone out
- truck turnover but wantstart usedto starts ok when cold turn longtime when hot
- I have a 1999 f-150 will not start.tune over long time when hot good when cold
- I have a coolant leak coming from the front left side of the motor what could be
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Ford F-150 Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
1999 Ford F-150 Questions
The truck turns over but won't start on occasion, like the ignition isn't firing . It only does it now and then but I don't want to get stranded .Is there a test to check the key, when it does it the theft light stays on.
Always have to to put fluid in clutch reservoir even when just shy of full mark,won't go into gear have to force it sometimes,can I check the problem with OBD diagnostic scan
1999 Ford F-150 Recalls
Vehicles sold or currently registered in states using corrosive chemicals to de-ice the roads may have fuel tank straps that can rust prematurely and fail. If the fuel tank were to shift as a result of a broken strap, the fuel lines could separate or the fuel tank could contact the ground. In either case, a fuel leak could develop, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank straps with straps that have increased corrosion protection. Early in the campaign, if replacement straps are not available, dealers may install a cable support under the strap as an interim repair or a steel reinforcement over the existing strap as a permanent repair. This recall is expected to begin September 12, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S21.
Ford has recalled certain 1999 F150 trucks for a misprint on the vehicle certification label. The information about tire ratings, sizes, and air pressure listed on the original label is incorrect. This could result in the installation of improper tires with incorrect air pressure, which can pose a serious safety concern. Ford has sent affected owners revised certification labels.
1999 Ford F-150 Reviews
My F-150 XLT is a 1999 with a 4.6 liter V-8, 4x4. It has 190,000 miles on it. I have had only and electrical ploblem with the wipers and the odemeter light. It has been a great truck over the last 11 years and has very reliable.
Bought my 1999 f-150 4x4 12 years ago with 50, 000 miles now it has 345, 000 , love this truck great truck . Had the transmission go out about 9 months ago.
I bought my 5.4 in 2002 or 2003 with 48,000 miles on it. It has 212,000 miles on it now. It has been a great truck, original motor and transmission. Have had alternators, starters, radiator and right rear axle replaced and the notorious odometer light comes on and off but besides that it has really done well