1998 Ford F-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Ford F-150
- how do i get the fuel pump shut off button to pop up to press it
- fan not kicking on for heat.checked fuses is there a relay I need to check
- Its hard to shift out of first gear..Only issues with first gear....3-Speed
- What cause my air to change form vent to defrost when i accelerate 98 f150?
- trouble codes: PO136, PO156 what would be the best repair
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Ford F-150 Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
1998 Ford F-150 Questions
Want to depressurize fuel line to change fuel filter
What cause my air to change form the vent to defrost when i accelerate? I have a 98 f150 ford .
1998 Ford F-150 Recalls
Vehicles sold or currently registered in states using corrosive chemicals to de-ice the roads may have fuel tank straps that can rust prematurely and fail. If the fuel tank were to shift as a result of a broken strap, the fuel lines could separate or the fuel tank could contact the ground. In either case, a fuel leak could develop, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank straps with straps that have increased corrosion protection. Early in the campaign, if replacement straps are not available, dealers may install a cable support under the strap as an interim repair or a steel reinforcement over the existing strap as a permanent repair. This recall is expected to begin September 12, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11S21.
Ford has recalled 1998-2000 vehicles equipped with compressed natural gas fuel systems due to an incomplete label for the fuel tank. Ford sent a new label to owners.
1998 Ford F-150 Reviews
1998 FORD F-150. 171,174,301,308 codes keep coming on I've replace spark plug, spark plug wire, coil, MAF, throttle postion, fuel filter, fuel injectors and the motor was rebuilt a month ago. But the codes keep coming on. Whats the problem?
Bought our F150 Roush edition in 1999 with 40k miles on it. All I have to say is I am so thankful I bought the extended warranty with it. At 42k the transmission went out at 50k the alternator was shot, went through 2 drive shafts and a rear end at 92k. The warranty expired at 94k miles and I havent had another problem with it since. The truck now has 170k miles and starts every morning. No le...
I still have my 1998 F-150 that I bought brand new in July of that year. It's a 4x4 cab and a half with tow package and a 5.4 L motor. I have been very lucky with this truck. I change the oil myself every 3k to 5k miles using Valvoline oil. This truck has 242,000 miles on it. The only repairs have been the steering wheel shaft that connects to the gearbox because for some reason the steering de...