1991 Ford F-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Ford F-150
- is the crankshaft vibration damper bolt left or right handed threads
- How do I change the front hub bearings on a 3/4 ton 4x4?
- backfiring through intake, rough idoling, burning rich what do you think
- Truck blubbers, roughidle at times. Falls on its face, backfires through intake
- I have a 91 Ford F150 that has no power going to the coil.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Ford F-150 Problems
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.timing chain can strip, causing the engine to crank but not start.
1991 Ford F-150 Questions
or in outher words as STANDING FACEING THE TRUCK CLOCKWISE OR COUNTER CLOCKWISE
The front hubs were converted to part time 4x4. They now need new bearings.
have changed spark plugs, fuel regulator changed rotor and cap distributor
1991 Ford F-150 Recalls
Ford has extended the warranty coverage of the fuel pump and sending unit assembly in 1990-1993 F150, F250, and F350 trucks. In some trucks, the check valve may become damaged inside the fuel pump unit. This can cause fuel to travel from one tank to the other, creating an overflow condition. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak may result in a fire. Dealers will repair the fuel pump and sending unit for up to 12 years or 150,000 miles from the original warranty start date.
Ford has recalled Firestone Wilderness AT and Radial ATX tires installed on multiple lines of Ford trucks from 1991 to 2000. On some tires, under extreme conditions, the tread could separate, which can cause immediate tire failure. This may lead to a loss of vehicle control, injury, and death. Dealers replaced the affected tires.