1990 Ford F-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford F-150
- 1990 F150 5.0L won't start after 15 months.
- Why won't my 1990 Ford f150 4.9 l start when cold out but runs great above 35 de
- my 86 ford f150 bulks and stalls after 15 miles or so.I changed the fuel pump
- why will my truck not start for approx. 1 hour after driving it ?
- The truck runs fine, but every time i stop it shuts off. What causes that?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1990 Ford F-150 Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
If there is a vibration or noise at highway speed, it could be from the frontdrive shaft and may require replacement of the double cardan joint. A double cardan joint is a type of driveshaft joint that uses two universal joints.
Tubes for the EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation) can break, causing an exhaust leak and noise under the hood.
1990 Ford F-150 Questions
Cranks over has a brand new fuel pump but temperature is what determines rather it will start
V-8 F1 Ford over heating on the freeway but not on the streets.
1990 Ford F-150 Recalls
Ford has extended the warranty coverage of the fuel pump and sending unit assembly in 1990-1993 F150, F250, and F350 trucks. In some trucks, the check valve may become damaged inside the fuel pump unit. This can cause fuel to travel from one tank to the other, creating an overflow condition. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak may result in a fire. Dealers will repair the fuel pump and sending unit for up to 12 years or 150,000 miles from the original warranty start date.
Ford has recalled 1990-1993 F150, F250, and F350 trucks due to a faulty fuel pressure regulator and malfunctioning fuel pump check valves. Fuel may transfer from one tank to the second tank, causing a possible overflow condition and fire hazard. Dealers will replace the fuel pressure regulator and install redundant check valves.
1990 Ford F-150 Reviews
Bought Brand New - at 20 years is starting to rust but every thing still works perfectly - ice cold a/c (people with new trucks think something is wrong with theirs after feeling how cold mine is), all powers (locks & windows), cruse control, dual tanks - all still works perfectly. Had to replace radio 10 years ago but one from a newer mustang fit right in & was pretty cheap too!
This is a great, solid truck. I have the 5.8 liter engine and it has 136000 miles and still runs strong as an ox. This has a solid suspension and steering, and have been on numerous off-road ventures and havent had a problem with it yet. It has great heating and the coldest air around. The only problem is due to the vents running on a vaccum system, it breaks easily and all i have is the defros...
all around great truck, very depenable, its a 88 model 4x4 w/189k on it the only issue i have is valve slap on the #7 or 8 cyl, or both for that matter, it so loud it sounds like a desile at idel but other then that its a awesome truck :) and a beast in the snow for it being a long wheelbase and a/t tires but those michilen have lasted me 6+years bought it used and they were on it