2001 Ford F-150 Lightning Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford F-150 Lightning
- Why doesn't my truck stay running ? Idles rough then dies
- Where are the spark plugs located and what color are the factory fuel injectors
- what can I check to to fix the shifter? It's stuck in park.
- How can I trouble shoot power windows, shifter stuck in park, dome light?
- What would cause the ignition censer not to be recognized every time?
2001 Ford F-150 Lightning Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
2001 Ford F-150 Lightning Questions
I've changed the fuel filter & the IAC valve , but atill no luck
still able to shift to neutral when key is turned part way.
2001 Ford F-150 Lightning Recalls
The courtesy lamps on affected running boards may overheat when exposed to moisture and road salt. Overheating may cause the lamps and boards to melt or start a fire. Dealers will replace the wiring harness for these running boards.