1993 Ford F-150 Lightning Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford F-150 Lightning
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1993 Ford F-150 Lightning Problems
Failure to change the power steering fluid can cause the fluid to become gray with metal particles. The contaminated fluid can damage the power steering pump resulting in a growling noise when the wheel is turned; the damaged pump will require replacement to eliminate the noise.. Life of the power steering gearbox and pump will be shortened if the fluid is not serviced regularly.EGR system (exhaust gas recirculation) can break, causing an exhaust leak and noise under the hood.
1993 Ford F-150 Lightning Questions
truck stalled replaced filter and fuel relay then started to pump fuel out of front tank to back tank
When I first start the engine and it is in the closed loop warm up,where it idles a little high, it is okay. As the engine idle starts to go down it starts to idle rough like it has a high lift cam in it. Then all of sudden after a few minutes it does a short rev and starts to idle normal again. ...
The alterator is fine, silinoid is fine. Have not tried an amp tester yet. Any advise where to start. I know a little but not alot.
1993 Ford F-150 Lightning Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 E and F Series vehicles due to improper tension in the accessory drive belt. On some vehicles, the belt can detach from the pulleys, which can cause multiple system failures. Dealers will install a new tensioner pulley, drive belt, belt guide, and idler pulley.