2010 Ford Explorer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Ford Explorer
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2010 Ford Explorer Problems
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.
The engine was running perectly when all of a sudden it started misfiring and check engine light began to flash. Ford Dealer said timing chain jumped bent a few valves, broke apart and pieces fell down into the internal engine. Also said this has been an ongoing problem for years.. Dealer said approximately $10,000 to repar... YES "$10,000" is the exact number he quoated me. My warranty is 60,000 miles I am 113 mile over the warr...
2010 Ford Explorer Questions
Abs, 4 wd, and traction control is blinking, when goes above 1 mph I hear a grinding noise?
2 months ago bought a 2010 Explorer in the Middle East ( Odometer currently @ 3000 Kms). After @ one month of purchase, drove a long distance (Odometer then @ 1800 Kms), when reached the city and began driving slowly, felt as if the car was hit from behind very strongly when shifting from 1st to ...
2010 Ford Explorer Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2010 model year Ford Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, Fusion, and Fusion Hybrid vehicles along with Mercury Mountaineer, Milan, and Milan Hybrid vehicles for an issue with the front seat backs equipped with manual recliner mechanisms. In the event of a crash, the seat back and head restraint may move rearward, increasing the risk of injury. This is due to incorrect specification in the design of the gear plate teeth on the seat back recliner. Dealers will replace the manual recliners free of charge.