2006 Ford Explorer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Ford Explorer
- what should the normal operating temp for the heater on a 2006 ford explorer.
- TRANSMISSION JERKING INTO GEAR AND HESITATING BETWEEN GEARS, IDLES ROUGH, STALLS
- How do you get the clip in the coolant temperature sensor
- My 2006 ford explorer overheated and mechanic is telling me the engine is blown.
- Does this vehicle have a timing belt or chain? If a belt, when to replace it.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Ford Explorer Problems
A cosmetic crack may develop on the plastic liftgate trim panel. Ford has released a service procedure to replace the applique without damage the the liftgate glass.
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The rear window wiper may not fully contact the rear window. Our technicians tell us that replacing both the wiper blade and wiper arm will generally correct this issue.
2006 Ford Explorer Questions
I am looking for the air coming out when the heat is on
Engine light came on, code came back as bank 2 sensor 2 running lean? where is this under my truck, passenger or driver side? it's downstream. now my truck feels like it's jerking between gears at times, and idling rough. is this all related? will replacing sensor fix the problem?
2006 Ford Explorer Reviews
I have only had my 2006 Ford Explorer of 2 years. When I first got it everything was working fine. After the first three months, the heating and air conditioning when bad, in the middle of the winter season. The AC worked fine, but the heater only blow cold air. I took it to the dealer ship and got that fixed, problem: Bad Themostat. Then about six months I how a problem with a sensor that caus...
My First new Ford Explorer was a 1997 v8; wonderful with 232,000 miles on it. Bought new 2006 v8 Ford Explorer, and what a nightmare. Many problems. Notably, radiator was replaced 12/2011 cost $634.00 Radiator just went again. I learned that faulty radiators have been a major issue since 2006 came out. Ford is aware of this and never did a recall, or extended warranty. Buyers of FORDS and suck...
THe 2006 model explorer has issues with faulty radiators and throttle bodies. I have had to have 2 radiators replaced at only 57,000 miles. Now the "wrench light is on. I was told is was probably a bad throttle body. The car has around 58,000 miles. Would not buy another.