2003 Ford Explorer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Ford Explorer
- OD off lite came on, started flashing would not go into overdrive. then check engine came on and stays on
- Do I need to remove the motor again to put it on timing?
- i have a loud rattle in the drive side front of the motor
- i was driving down the highway and heard a small pop my check gauge light came o
- 2003 ford explorer had it tested and the code is p0300 changed plugs and wires.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Ford Explorer Problems
A cosmetic crack may develop on the plastic liftgate trim panel. Ford has released a service procedure to replace the applique without damage the the liftgate glass.
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.
2003 Ford Explorer Questions
oil presser droped opened the hood oil was leaking out truck won't start after i shut it off
It is running ruff need to know how to fix it.
I swapped all seats from one explorer to the other and the airbag light is been on since the change. Does this mean I need to swap the seats sensors as well. How can I fix this issue. Thanks so much...Rafael. Bloomfield, Ct
2003 Ford Explorer Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2002-2003 model year Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer vehicles for possible issues with the liftgate glass strut brackets and glass hinges. On certain vehicles, the liftgate glass strut may come off or the hinge may fracture. This can cause the glass to fall from the liftgate, which may lead to personal injury. Dealers will replace the liftgate glass strut brackets and glass hinges.
The courtesy lamps on affected running boards may overheat when exposed to moisture and road salt. Overheating may cause the lamps and boards to melt or start a fire. Dealers will replace the wiring harness for these running boards.
2003 Ford Explorer Reviews
Nice SUV but, tranny is going to fault between 75.000 and 130.000 miles, door ajar switches are very low quality, seats air bags sensor faulty early 50.000 miles, rear liftgate trim gets crack and Ford no recall these problems.
http://www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com is where you can get a fix for your transmission if the OD light is flashing or Check Engine light is on. If you get Codes for your trans like PO 775 or PO 745, it is most likely the servo bores. This place gets you a 200.00 fix that you can do in your driveway in 2 hours. It fixed my 03 2 weeks ago and is now doing fine! Ford originally repl...
2003 Explorer. Same problems with door sensors and cracked back hatch trim. Front balls joints are out at 120K miles.