2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- serpentine belt replacement cost sport tract 2008
- 2008 sport trac, 140k hav exhaust leak, what other service do I need @same time
- Ticking on passenger side
- If I accelerate from a dead stop the truck sometimes has a jerky response. Or
- ok my cuestion is whats wrong when in the dash say CLEAR OBJECTS BY PASS
2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Problems
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
Replace the worn wheel bearings.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Questions
When I go out and start truck there is a ticking noise in the passenger side only when I start it it only does it for a minute or minute and a half
is a ford explorer sport trac 2008
Like at what milage should i get a tune up for my 08 Sports Trac
2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Reviews
2010 explorer sports trac 62,000 miles and the motor has thrown a rod. Now I need a new motor.
Have a 2008 Sport Trac with 122k. Truck needed rear axle at around 30k (warranty), blew wheel bearing n hub around 90k. Transmission gone at 122k. I am religious with regular maintenance; change oil every 3k.. Is a Great truck-Very nible (i live on top of mtn on wooded lot-very harsh winter conditions, truck is a sure-footed goat!). I have no complaints other than big-ticket items failing! ...