2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- Why did my abs light and traction light come on at same time.
- The pin in shifter fell out keys stuck in ignition easy fix? 2007 ford explorer
- Why is my heater is blowing cold and hot air.
- when I start my truck and turn on the heater I hear thumping noises.
- my passenger headlight is stuck on when truck is off,
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Questions
When I hit a bump they go off
the headlight will not shut off and its only the passenger side headlight. Dissconecting the battery is the only way to shut it off.
temperature goes all the way up and then sometimes go's back to normal for a few seconds, they also replaced the coolant.
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Recalls
11 vehicles are being recalled because the two bolts attaching the steering gear to the frame may have been overtightened. As a result, one or both bolts could break and cause the steering gear to become loose, reducing steering effectiveness and increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering gear mounting bolts and nuts. This recall is expected to begin on April 27, 2007. The Ford recall number is 07S52.
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Reviews
got a 2007 used sport trac..wheel bearing is gone bad tapping on left side of engine..what is next?
i got this car a few years ago and so far nothings need changing aside from the usual tire rotation. Its an excellent car.
This 2007 is a piece of junk! Had a 2001 and drove it for 9 years and loved it. Purchased this 2007 W/91,000 miles wanting later model. Almost immediate problem with overheating. No prior warning from heat gauges, etc., until by myself at dark-thirty on narrow highway. Pass another vehicle and engine starts to knock like crazy and all computer lights on dash flashing, engine starts to die almos...