2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- door locks are not working properly
- The control panel for heating / AC / Ventilation fan gets very warm to touch.
- I have a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with 100,000 miles.
- What is the cost to replace cracked intake manifold on 4 liter, 2005 sport trac.
- how do I remove the outside windshield panel at the bottom of the widshield
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Questions
After running for awhile, the panel, directly below the stereo, gets so warm that its very uncomfortable to hold your finger to it for more than a few moments. Heater/AC function fine. I did just have a stereo-place add an extra 12 volt socket and a 2-USB power socket into floor mounted console i...
I have had the thermostat replaced twice and now I think it needs it again. Is this a common occurrence in this vehicle?
Coolant coming down right side and have coolant puddle under intake manifold valley behind thermostat housing. Hard to see there with all attachments in road. I think it is cracked
2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Reviews
We bought ours about a year and a half ago with less than 25,000 miles on it. It was great until a couple of months ago while my husband was driving on the freeway my foot touched something under the dash on the passenger side and it shut down the whole vehicle. We were told there is a button above where my foot touched to reset it. Problem is we almost died because of this. We traded it in.
I loved this truck until the thermostat housing leaked causing the truck to overheat without letting me know. I pride myself on how well i took care of my truck, and everybody that drove in my truck told me how smooth it sounded and drove. Anyhow, the temperature gauge never went above halfway. One day, on my way to work, it made a weird sound wouldn't give me any power when I pushed the gas an...
bought in 2005, needed harmonica balancer 2 yrs ago..constant squeek we thought was belt related. now needs a thermostat housing replaced as it's leaking antifreeze which took us 6 mos for it to become a real bad leak that we could find. harmonica balancer reasonable priced repair, this new one a bit high. found solutions on internet from other sportstrac owners. thanks. leather front seats ne...