2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- At 139,000 miles my transmission lost torque while driving,like I was in neutral
- Can i add keyless entry to my sporttrac xls? Cost and parts if available please
- Why would a pcm not holds key codes?
- What would make my explorer engine just die. The check gauges came on and off.
- i have 04 explorer sport trac the truck pops out of gear in 2 high
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Questions
My OD / OFF light had been flashing for a couple weeks, I noticed hard shifting when it was. I had to be towed home. The next morning all seemed ok, good torque reverse and forward, then it slipped away after warming up. I wound up pulling transmission fuse under the hood and reinstalling it, I h...
What sort of engine questions should I be asking when buying a used Ford Explorer sport trac? If Water pump, fuel pump, serpentine belt, timing chain have been replaced? Anything else? Thanks
could it be my crankshaft sensor.
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Reviews
MY SPORT TRAC HAS 127,800 MILES AND STILL IS AS GOOD AS NEW. ONLY THING THAT TICKED ME OFF WAS THE AC WENT OUT AT 38,000 AND IT COSTS $700.00 TO REPAIR. WOULD NOT TRADE FOR ANYTHING ELSE, IF THE ENGINE STOPS I PLAN ON REBUILT ONE TO REPLACE IT.
Had problems with this truck from the beginning on repeat issues and ford shops could never find problems. Well , its funny had they found the problems now..after warranty is up...which will cost in the thousands and I will not sit on this.
my 2003 sport trac rack and pinion went out at 3000 miles /two windows quit working/thermostat housing went out129000miles/ rear passenger disc brake on that one wheel locks up smells really bad/but im still going think ill buy diesel ford next time