2007 Ford Expedition Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Ford Expedition
- inspection not ready (drive cycle) after driving more than 1000 miles, help?
- WHY DOES MY 2007 EXPEDITION STARTS JERKING WHEN ACCELERATING AT AROUND 40 MPH..
- my car rattles when I first start it or it gets cold what could it be?
- i have what seems like a skip in my engine when i'm throttling around 50 mph.
- why does it shakes alot
2007 Ford Expedition Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
2007 Ford Expedition Questions
I bought this 2007 expedition limited 10 days ago through an auction. I went to get it inspected and the mechanic told me I need to drive it for at least 50 miles at 55mph cruise speed. I did that, I actually drove about 1800 miles from philadelphia to detroit and back. after I went back to the m...
MY EXPEDITION STARTS JERKING WHEN ACCELERATING TO AROUND 40 MILES PER HOUR..WHY IS THAT?
it just started about a month ago image.
2007 Ford Expedition Recalls
The interior door handles have return springs that may fracture, which can prevent the handles from returning to the closed position. In an accident, the door may open, which could result in injury to occupants. Dealers will replace the interior door handle springs on the side doors. The Ford recall number is 08S03. This recall began on March 5, 2008.