2006 Ford Expedition Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Ford Expedition
- My mechanic is telling that my ford expedition 2006 4wD eddie bauer, that I have to replace the differential rear. I just change the front cv axle on the both sides but I still have the weird noise. Please help me!!!
- When replacing all plugs will this require removal of value cover?
- Loud knocking noise isn't the lifters
- My 3rd row rt. seat rises/lowers only 30% of time...only then by bumping switch.
2006 Ford Expedition Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
2006 Ford Expedition Questions
The noise is making sounds when I drive and especially when I turn to the right, is when it sounds worse
So, when my car warms up after driving a while it starts to sutter every time I hit the gas peddle.
2006 Ford Expedition Recalls
Ford recalls 2006 E150, E250, E350 Escape, Expedition, F150, Ranger, Taurus, Lincoln Navigator, Mercury Mariner, and Mercury Mountaineer due to a possible lack of lubricant on the wiper motor output shaft gear. Eventually, loss of wiper function will result. Dealers will grease the wiper motor gears as necessary.
Ford has recalled certain 2006 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator vehicles because the tires may have been damaged during production. The center tread of the tires on the driver's side of the vehicle may be damaged, which will progress to tire failure. Dealers will inspect all four tires for tread damage and replace affected tires.
2006 Ford Expedition Reviews
I previously had a 1997 Expedition with no problems at all so I was very excited to purchas the 2006, which at the time only had 16,000 miles on it in July of 06,. However I have had a few issues that are very pesty. The front driver seat gets too hot when the seat warmer is turned on. The tire pressure sensor light goes on for no reason and I have had an engine knock for some time now. I also ...
After owning dozens of cars my life, this by far is the worst vehicle ever. Very high maintenance with many issues. Rough idle at start, hesitation issues, electrical issues. etc. I went against my better judgment going after the 0% financing for 72 months and now I know why they had to do that. I went from a Tahoe to this because of the automated fold flat 3rd row seats and the nice finan...
if you have less than 97000 miles on the 2006 expedition xlt get rid of it quick. it becomes super expensive after this.88k mls. transmission coolent hoses $600,97k mls.fuel module $400,97700mls rebuilt transmission $3300,98000 mls. gear box 4x4 notyet repaired but i know it's going to be expensive. then theres all the blistered paint.