2005 Ford Expedition Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Ford Expedition
- I replaced my ac compressor. My battery is charged. My Expedition wont start?
- How can I find the entry code to unlock doors using external number pad on door
- So, "Transmission repair/replacement is NOT in your system? Why not? And what DOES it take?
- 1999 ford expedition want shft into over drive ligt flash
- Why does the message on my dashboard 'check electronic throttle' appears ?
2005 Ford Expedition Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in this engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
Knocking sound in the back of the car when the a/c or heat is on.
Replaced the rear ac blower damper motor. = $40.00
2005 Ford Expedition Questions
My expedition broke down in my friend's driveway. My pulley on my ac compressor froze and snapped belt. I replaced ac compressor, and now my 2005 expedition wont start When I turn key there is a faint beep noise. Any ideas on why it won't start?
there's a loud knocking took it in they said its there cams its just getting louder n louder
2005 Ford Expedition Reviews
I guess if you look at reviews at other websites, the 2005 Ford Expedition was a very good, reliable large SUV. Usually around 4stars+. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone- PROS: great ride, comfort, handling above average for a large SUV, reliable transportation, good HVAC, engine/drivetrai plenty of power, no more wear on tires than the norm. Maybe since we have the Eddie Bauer edition i...
Was thrilled to finally get my 05 Expedition limited 6 months ago w/ 74k miles. But noticed shortly thereafter a shudder when accelerating while in overdrive. Now starting to shudder in 3rd also, and emission light, which started going on intermittently, just came on full time last time I drove it- 4 days ago. Any help appreciated.
Interesting idea from Florida comment on Aug 11th about putting in another old school engine and transmission. I have considered doing that myself, finding an old 4x4 pickup with a 302 or 351 and having it rebuilt and swapped out professionally. The expedition has good looks and a good ride, but the 5.4 engine and transmission i will not repair or replace ever again, I mean ever!! Ford didn't n...