2001 Ford Expedition Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford Expedition
- where is the heater control vavle located
- The front heater blows cold air on the free way out the defroster but warm out t
- I the truck idles very roughly even stalls. I have changed the vacum hose, egr
- my truck hesitates when I drive its bogging down but once I get going it rides
- What would cause oil to spill out my transmission vents? What could be wrong?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Ford Expedition Problems
An illuminated Check Engine Light could indicate that one or more of the ignition coils has failed due to excessive spark plug gap. To fix this problem, the ignition coils that have failed, the spark plugs, and all coil boots should be replaced.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
The mass air flow sensor (MAF) may fail resulting in a rough engine idle, hesitation on acceleration, and/or engine stalling. The Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. A failed mass air flow sensor will require replacement.
2001 Ford Expedition Questions
had stat and core replaced, inside controls work. only one hose under hood is warm
i have tried using a battery booster to start it and it does not click or turn over.it sounds like it is coming from the firewall.I thought maybe it was the starter but if i am not mistaken it is under the car.this is the first time i had this problem.
Feels like no pressure in hose. Shut vehicle off, let cool for few minutes...restart and will run fine. Any help what could be the problem?
2001 Ford Expedition Recalls
The courtesy lamps on affected running boards may overheat when exposed to moisture and road salt. Overheating may cause the lamps and boards to melt or start a fire. Dealers will replace the wiring harness for these running boards.
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2001 Excursion, Expedition, F150, F250, F350, Focus, Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, Navigator, and Town Car vehicles due to a defect in the wiper motor gear case. The wiper motor could overheat and malfunction, which may cause the wipers to stop working as designed. Dealers will inspect the wiper motor and replace the gear case cover.
2001 Ford Expedition Reviews
I have a 2001 eddie bauer Expedition It just turned 209000, we purchased it with 48K in 2005. After 2 transmissions, It is going strong. The first tranny failed at 98K and the extended waranty covered it, the last was at 187K. Had to replace the compressor in November 2011, but I think all of these repairs are resonable considering its miles. It got my daughter through college, the last week...
over all it's a great vehical