1999 Ford Expedition Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford Expedition
- My Eddie Bauer Expedition has a crack in my exhaust manifold. How much to repair
- how much should it cost to have the driver's heated seat repaired?
- Where is the rear wheel sensor located? I need to replace one
- my car starts up but when I let up on the gas it dies? What could be causing tha
- Air blower works on high setting only, replaced resister,still on high only
1999 Ford Expedition Problems
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
The mass air flow sensor (MAF) may fail resulting in a rough engine idle, hesitation on acceleration, and/or engine stalling. The Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. A failed mass air flow sensor will require replacement.
The PCV hose may crack, causing the vehicle to idle roughly, this may or may not illuminate the Check Engine Light.
1999 Ford Expedition Questions
Just started 2day..
1999 Ford Expedition Recalls
1999 Ford Expedition Reviews
I have had this vehicle for 4 years with no issues. purchase with 80K miles now have 128K miles on it...
I'VE HAD GREAT SERVICE OUT OF THIS VEHICLE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TRANNY AND THR FRONT DIFFERENTAL LATELY. HAD THEM REBUILT AND NOW IT'S FUNCTIONING FINE WITH 195000 + MILES
Air suspension is expensive to fix or replace, and fails well before other types of suspension.