2003 Ford Excursion Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Ford Excursion
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Ford Excursion Problems
One or more of the door locks may become inoperative due to resistance in the circuit. In some cases, replacement of all actuators will be required to correct this issue.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
The high pressure diesel fuel injection pump may fail, resulting in a "no start" condition.
2003 Ford Excursion Questions
rough cost for replacing head gaskets on 6.0 diesel 2003 ford excursion
I am fueling the vehicle and my miles to empty reading fluctuates by many miles in only a few hundred yards of actual driving. Can I reset by disconnecting battery or do I actually need service?
The Radio starts changing channels, AM/FM by itself and even goes to CD and back to radio without touching the display - I have replaced the radio and have the same issue. Seems like there is some sort of electrical disturbace - could it be a bad alternator, shorted wire? I have also had the enit...
2003 Ford Excursion Recalls
An internal fault may develop within the multi-function turn signal switch. This can affect turn signal, tail, hazard, and/or brake light operation. Non-functioning exterior lights could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the multi-function switch to correct this concern. This recall is scheduled to begin on August 15, 2011. The Ford recall number is 11C18.
Ford has recalled 2003 Excursion and F150, F250, and F350 trucks because the speed control deactivation switch may leak and overheat, which can create a fire hazard. Dealers will install a fused wiring harness to the deactivation switch wiring.