2001 Ford Excursion Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford Excursion
- what causes the number13 fuse to keep blowing ?
- WHY IS MY ENGINE OVERHEATING WITH OIL COMING OUT OF MY RESEVOIR?
- Approximate labor hours to remove & replace motor
- My spark plug will not catch in my truck it keeps on kicking it out
- . The reverse safety signal sensor stopped working does anyone know why???
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Ford Excursion Problems
One or more of the door locks may become inoperative due to resistance in the circuit. In some cases, replacement of all actuators will be required to correct this issue.
There is a technical service bulletin for the V8 engines regarding a possible problem with the spark plug being ejected from the cylinder head, damaging the threads in the spark plug hole. If the vehicle is under warranty, cylinder head replacement is recommended. If the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford authorized the use of a specific thread insert to repair the head.
The high pressure diesel fuel injection pump may fail, resulting in a "no start" condition.
2001 Ford Excursion Questions
I CANNOT DRIVE MY TRUCK FOR 10 MINUTES WITHOUT THE ENGINE OVERHEATING WITH OIL SPILLING OUT THE RESEVOIR TANK NEXT TO THE RADIATOR, EVEN BUSTING THE CAP OFF BECAUSE OF THE PRESSURE.
Had to replace om engine on my truck with rebuilt engine from Road Master.my shops labor rate is $95/hr. Shop said labor costs are $3300.(I supplied motor & install kit ($3180 & $380 respectively)
I can't get it to hold the spark plug in
2001 Ford Excursion Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2000-2001 Excursion, Expedition, F150, F250, F350, Focus, Taurus, Mercury Sable, Lincoln Continental, Navigator, and Town Car vehicles due to a defect in the wiper motor gear case. The wiper motor could overheat and malfunction, which may cause the wipers to stop working as designed. Dealers will inspect the wiper motor and replace the gear case cover.