1992 Ford Escort Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Ford Escort
- what is the amp for tail light & dash light fuse?
- How do I remove the speedometer cable from 5speed transmission of a 1992 Escort
- does a 1992 ford escort 1.8l have a expansion valve and if so where
- Clutch is squishy and it is difficult to shift, often grinding gears. Pls advise
- There is oil leaking inside the car on the driver side under the dashboard.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Ford Escort Problems
Valve seats (components in the cylinder head that help seal the valve) can fall out. When this happens, it causes rough running and creates noise. Replacement of the cylinder head is commonly required to fix this problem.
Failure to change the power steering fluid can cause the fluid to become gray with metal particles. The contaminated fluid can damage the power steering pump resulting in a growling noise when the wheel is turned; the damaged pump will require replacement to eliminate the noise.. Life of the power steering gearbox and pump will be shortened if the fluid is not serviced regularly.
The engine may overheat due to coolant loss as a result of a cracked cylinder head. In most cases the cylinder head will require replacement to correct this concern.
1992 Ford Escort Questions
Approximately one week ago I began to notice I was grinding gears when shifting, which I attributed to inattention at first, but then I noticed i was experiencing gradually increasing difficulty in shifting and gear grinding. Today, sept. 24th, the clutch went soft and shifting difficulty has i...
I can't tell where it is coming from. the leak appears to be coming from above the AC vent ducting and dripping on the floor. It appears red like power steering or transmission fluid.
So I see that when the light comes on when your car is running that it is bad..I start it and it turns off in a few seconds...what does it mean when car is completely off and it turns on?
1992 Ford Escort Recalls
1992 Ford Escort Reviews
I've had my escort for 18 years. I've replaced only basic parts such as belts hoses spark plugs etc. I've had the clutch replaced at 110,000 miles. It now has 143,000 miles on it. The car has been a great car handles well in ths snow and is fun to drive.
I got my 1992 Ford Escort GT 4 months ago. It currently has 325,000+ miles. It sat for two years before I got it on the road and now I am having a few problems with it. The electrical seat belts no longer work (not a problem with the fuses), the interior fan does not operate on 4, but will occasionally turn on, part of my instrument panel does not light up unless i smack the dash, my shift ligh...