2010 Ford Escape Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Ford Escape
- cooling fans keep running on high all the time soon as you start the truck up
- What happens when check light for engine and wrench come on?
- AC ONLY COMES ON ON THE HIGH (4) SETTING - BLOWS HOT THEN COLD.
- Engine starts but there's no power in the cabin (no fans, windows, etc.)
- The knob for the fan control only works on the highest number.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2010 Ford Escape Problems
The DPFE (differential pressure feedback EGR) sensor tends to fail. The DPFE sensor monitors function of the EGR valve by measuring pressure changes in the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Symptoms of a failing DPFE sensor are hesitation or stumbling when driving along with illumination of the Check Engine Light.
2010 Ford Escape Questions
I was driving my escape which has just over 90,000 miles on it when suddenly the wrench light came on and it started to chug slightly then immediately my check engine light came on and I could not accellerate. I pulled over into a parking lot and waited a bit and it started up fine. I put it in...
Just started happening, i do have automatic on this vehicle so i dont know if it matters. Heat only works on highest setting.
HOW TO TURN OF THE THROTTLE CONTROL/POWERTRAIN LIGHT OF FORD ESCAPE MODEL 2010
2010 Ford Escape Recalls
The park rod guide retention pin may not have been properly installed in nineteen vehicles. These vehicles may not properly engage the transmission in the "Park" position. If this occurs and the parking brake is not set, unintended vehicle movement may result, increasing the risk of a crash. This recall is expected to begin by May 28, 2010. The Ford recall number is 10C12.
2010 Ford Escape Reviews
2010 Ford Escape...I have had this 2010 Escape back to the dealer 6 times for the same steering problem...Driving down the street and the power steering QUITS WORKING...you never know when it will work or when it will fail..This the most dangerous SUV ever put on the road by Ford!! If you go online you will find that is is not an uncommon problem, yet FORD has done nothing to recall these Escap...
One of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. I traded a 2006 Mercedes for this car and I don't regret it. So far, I can find nothing about this vehicle that I don't like. It rides nice, gets good mileage (I got the 4 banger), looks great insidea and out, and it has a great Satellite Radio. For the money, this is a great buy.
I will never buy another one....I have had mine Escape for 4 months and its has been in shop 3 times...the last time it was towed as it would not move.You could press gas pedal down but it would go no where. While driving it I lost all power and had to drift it off the road, luckily both times I didnt have traffic behind me or there might have been an accident. First time I took it in for this ...