2009 Ford Escape Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Ford Escape
- Why does my front right tire bounce when I turn at a low speed?
- I"m getting a loud rattle/grinding noise when car ii in reverse and given gas.
- Should the steering wheel control buttons illuminate at night w/ the lights on?
- The difference between fuel tank pressure sensor and fuel injector sensor?
- What could cause it to lock up going down the road?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Ford Escape Problems
The DPFE (differential pressure feedback EGR) sensor tends to fail. The DPFE sensor monitors function of the EGR valve by measuring pressure changes in the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Symptoms of a failing DPFE sensor are hesitation or stumbling when driving along with illumination of the Check Engine Light.
The common problem for ignition misfires are ignition coils going bad. Replacement of the bad ignition coil is necessary. These should be fixed as soon as a problem is detected. Otherwise the misfire can cause damage to other components.
2009 Ford Escape Questions
It only occurs at low speeds and I've checked the tire pressure on all tires and they are all good.
My engine light cam on, so I took my care to autozone, the tech gave me the code for, "the fuel tank pressure sensor fault".
Its not the steering locking up its just like someone stood on the brakes. Causing it to lock down and stop. When it does this it will not go into gear and tires r locked up and will not move. U can crank it later and it is like it has reset itself and it will go into gear and u can move it again...
2009 Ford Escape Reviews
Bought new and love the vehicle! We have stuffed it to the gills and taken it up mountains to Yellowstone - still plenty of power in the 4cyl and great gas mileage. 80K on it now and beginning to see the start of maint items - it's in for a trans-to-axle seal replacement ($440 - gasp!) and needs new tires this winter.
Bought this as a 'Certified Pre-Owned' with 24k miles, now at 38k. Dealership wanted to sell me new brakes at the 27k oil change, so I asked how I could've worn them out so quickly, when CPO states at least 50% brake life remains, or they change the pads? Dealers are crooks, so I never let them do any work. Bought new pads, when I went to change them, I needed a new tool! They changed the ca...