2005 Ford Escape Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Ford Escape
- Should I replace engine? 95000 miles excellent condition
- 4wd problems like not working properly/going out
- sounds like the 4wd is going out. How can I conform this?
- I have a 2005 Ford Escape. The Suv is stalling at 50mph. What is the cause ?
- my car oil light is on only when I break and is burning oil really fast
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Ford Escape Problems
The DPFE (differential pressure feedback EGR) sensor tends to fail. The DPFE sensor monitors function of the EGR valve by measuring pressure changes in the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Symptoms of a failing DPFE sensor are hesitation or stumbling when driving along with illumination of the Check Engine Light.
The common problem for ignition misfires are ignition coils going bad. Replacement of the bad ignition coil is necessary. These should be fixed as soon as a problem is detected. Otherwise the misfire can cause damage to other components.
Driving at night and within a few seconds first the lights kind of went dim then bright, next the radio goes off, then the dash goes out from left to right and the headlights go out. I am on a bridge going 50 mph with no lights and it is pitch dark with no shoulders at the end of the bridge on either side of the road it was very nerve racking. Lucky for me, a friendly driver comes along and lets me follow them to next rest stop at a snail pace...
2005 Ford Escape Questions
Mechanic says I need a new engine. 95000 miles. Oil too low and dark- tried oil change. ..no help. $6000.00 to replace engine. Seems high..should I go ahead or change cars?
2005 Ford Escape Recalls
Inadequate head protection may be an issue at the left a-pillar (windshield) trim area. In the event of a crash, personal injury to vehicle occupants may occur. Dealers will make modifications to the energy absorbing material located above the headliner in the affected area. This recall is scheduled to begin on May 19, 2006. The Ford recall number is 06C12.
2005 Ford Escape Reviews
GUYS, NEVER BUY THIS CAR................
have had to replace the roters 3 times and completely replace the ENTIRE transmission. AC has always smelled like mold when you turn the car on. Have had to replace the battery 3 times. We'll probably never buy another Ford again. We're just holding our breath until the next repair to it. Hate this SUV.
I bought my 2005 Escape XLT used over a year ago. Absolutely love this vehicle! Obviously, since it's used and almost 6yrs old, I expect to have to replace things on it eventually. So far, it's been only brakes. Which do not cost much when you do the work yourself. Numberous friends have owned the same vehicle for much longer than I have and they've had no problems. I would buy this vehicle ove...