2009 Ford Edge Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Ford Edge
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Ford Edge Problems
A leaking axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal can cause transmission (red) or Power Transfer Unit (PTU) (brown) fluid leaks at the axle area. The axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal may be leaking and should be replaced as required.
Adhesive for foam blocks in the headliner can fail leading to poor fitment of the headliner and a possible rattle around the sunroof area. The foam blocks attach the headliner to the mounting brackets. Access the headliner and re-secure the foam blocks to the brackets using cable ties / zip ties.
Excessive clearance between the plastic wheel cladding and the wheel can cause a clicking noise from the wheel area while the car is moving. If the plastic cladding is loose, the wheel will need to be replaced.
2009 Ford Edge Questions
Passenger side is working, the drivers side not.
Do I have to replace the whole throttle body? Can I do it or do I have to take it in?
2009 Ford Edge Reviews
Excellent vehicle! Ford could not have made them any better and the dealership is the BEST!
Stylish, sporty and excellent comfort inside the 2013 Ford Edge with loads of leg room. but has some blind spots when driving/parking. Bought ours in June with 25K & found severe corrosion on seat floor bolts causing a problem using folding rear seat button in trunk area(improved with lubrication). Ford Sync & navigation system takes time to learn. Heated leather seats are a great asset in extr...
2009 Edge bought new. Has 72,000 miles now. Love the comfort, easy to drive, easy to park, no complaints with anything except the a/c. The fan runs, but the cold air doesn't seem to come out. We are going to check the air ducts, and clean the fan screen. It worked great until this summer.