2009 Ford Edge Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Ford Edge
- Car won't start. Battery seems to have charge. Clicks when I try to turn it over and radio starts to go haywire.
- What would cause the alternator harness to melt?
- Intermittent coolant leak right side of vehicle think it's water pump. Any advice?
- coolant fans one working one not any ideas?
- P2135 OBD code. Is it possible to replace the throttle position sensor alone.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2009 Ford Edge Problems
A leaking axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal can cause transmission (red) or Power Transfer Unit (PTU) (brown) fluid leaks at the axle area. The axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal may be leaking and should be replaced as required.
Excessive clearance between the plastic wheel cladding and the wheel can cause a clicking noise from the wheel area while the car is moving. If the plastic cladding is loose, the wheel will need to be replaced.
Adhesive for foam blocks in the headliner can fail leading to poor fitment of the headliner and a possible rattle around the sunroof area. The foam blocks attach the headliner to the mounting brackets. Access the headliner and re-secure the foam blocks to the brackets using cable ties / zip ties.
2009 Ford Edge Questions
2009 ford edge
Passenger side is working, the drivers side not.
2009 Ford Edge Reviews
Excellent vehicle! Ford could not have made them any better and the dealership is the BEST!
Stylish, sporty and excellent comfort inside the 2013 Ford Edge with loads of leg room. but has some blind spots when driving/parking. Bought ours in June with 25K & found severe corrosion on seat floor bolts causing a problem using folding rear seat button in trunk area(improved with lubrication). Ford Sync & navigation system takes time to learn. Heated leather seats are a great asset in extr...
2009 Edge bought new. Has 72,000 miles now. Love the comfort, easy to drive, easy to park, no complaints with anything except the a/c. The fan runs, but the cold air doesn't seem to come out. We are going to check the air ducts, and clean the fan screen. It worked great until this summer.