2008 Ford Edge Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Ford Edge
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Ford Edge Problems
A leaking axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal can cause transmission (red) or Power Transfer Unit (PTU) (brown) fluid leaks at the axle area. The axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal may be leaking and should be replaced as required.
Bad adhesive can cause the foam seal between the dash and windshield to slide out. To correct, the windshield must be removed, and then remove and replace the foam with new parts.
Adhesive for foam blocks in the headliner can fail leading to poor fitment of the headliner and a possible rattle around the sunroof area. The foam blocks attach the headliner to the mounting brackets. Access the headliner and re-secure the foam blocks to the brackets using cable ties / zip ties.
2008 Ford Edge Questions
Ex: goin to stop at 55 mph. If u pump the brakes the pedal locks up an won't stop unless u push extremely hard an then will finally stop
After replacing the blower fan and resister the fan still goes up and down in speed, what else could be causing this problem? But if I tap the bottom of the fan it goes on full blast and then goes back to up and down again. The new blower fan and the old blower fan do the same thing when I tap th...
is tone ring have to be replace with the axle??
2008 Ford Edge Reviews
2008 Ford Edge heater and ac comes on and works great but the blower is not moving the air thru the vents very well, always feels like its on low speed.
Best Crossover I have ever owned.
I HATE this car. Worst car I've ever had. Brakes have been a problem since I got it. Had to replace the master cylinder and the right axel. Power windows and seats have a mind of their own. The back up sensor also has a mind of its own...works sometimes, but not always. I will never again buy a Ford after my experience with this awful Edge.