2008 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Ford E-350
- The front A/C fan will not work. The rear does. The A/C works. How can I fix it?
- What causes loss of signal lights, hazard lights, and brrake lights?
- My 2008 E 350 air stops blowing when its going up hill and shifts into lowergear
- getting a security flashing icon. Wont start. How to reset passcode?
- where is the vacuum reservoir located on a 2008 e-350 with a 5.4 gas engine
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2008 Ford E-350 Questions
I can feel cold air but the fan is not working.
Signal, hazard, and brake lights don't work.
My 2008 E 350 air stops blowing when its going up hill and shifts into lower gear?
2008 Ford E-350 Recalls
Ford is recalling sixty-five 2008–2009 E-350 and 2009 E-450 cutaway models equipped with school bus prep packages for failing to comply with federal safety standards on fuel system integrity. The vehicles may not have been assembled with fuel tank protection brackets, which can cause the fuel tank to leak if a crash occurs. In the presence of an ignition source, this could result in a fire. Dealers will inspect and install brackets free of charge.
The drive shaft may have cracks at the slip yoke. This can cause reduced performance and a risk of fracture. Dealers will inspect the drive shaft for manufacturing date and will replace affected shafts. The Ford recall number is 08S04. This recall began on April 14, 2008.
2008 Ford E-350 Reviews
YOU CAN'T KEEP THIS FORD IN THE ROAD, YOU HAVE TO DRIVE IT ALL THE TIME. I HAVE PUT NEW BALL JOINTS UPPER AND LOWER, NEW TRIES, LINE UP 3 TIMES, NOW THEY TELL ME IT COULD BE STEERING BOX. JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR VAN.
Love my E-350. Big and heavy it runs great over these rough roads on the Navajo Indian Reservation. Would love to have an easy way to disable the RSC as I live 2 miles up a dirt and gravel washboard road with a 4% grade hill on the way up. Noticed the review talking about difficulty keeping it on the road. I had this problem. it was a layer of mud that had hardened on the inside of the rear...