2001 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Loud Popping Noise and Misfire Experienced
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Shifts back and forth between 2 and 3 gear when accelerating.Auto shift blinking
- Power Steering pump,,Fluid Pouring out of the Bottom
- My son's transmission will not shift
- Resistants when starting off & clicking from the rear
- my e-350 truck ambulance consume gas a lot and i will want to know the fan belt
2001 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2001 Ford E-350 Questions
Just started 30 min ago as I backed into my drive
My son's E350 Ford Van had a transmission problem. The van would shift if he manually placed it in first, 2nd, then over drive however when he put it in D it would not shift out of first gear. A transmission shop told him his trans was bad so he got a used transmission from a scrap yard and s...
When I'm starting off or going forward the vehicle has resistant and a clicking sound in the rear ... Clicking stops when I don't give it gas