1999 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Loud Popping Noise and Misfire Experienced
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- hwere is the location of the alternator fuse
- My van gear only goes into reverse, and not drive. What is the problem?
- how to remove the radio , with out buying the u-shaped prong / clip tool
- why is my van now running rough after replacing the EGR valve???
- e-350 super duty box truck 5.4L air vents are blowing hot air , when a/c on,
1999 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
1999 Ford E-350 Questions
also a whine/hissing noise near or from air ccompressor under hood will this effect future performance , right now truck is running great, only check engine light is on
located under van under side doors