1999 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Loud Popping Noise and Misfire Experienced
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- my air conditioner gets warm when I speed up?
- Where is the heater blower motor resistor on a 1999 Ford E350 econoline van?
- Truck has been sitting for a couple of months but I started it recently & it will run for a couple of minutes then shuts off. It seems to be starving for gas. What could be the problem?
- How to change rear sliding glass
- WHY AM I HEARING WATER RUNNING UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE FOOTBOARD,ISIT ANTIFEEZE
1999 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
1999 Ford E-350 Questions
1999 Ford E-350 Recalls
For handicap conversion vans modified by Cummings Mobility, the Braun wheel chair lift may have latches that do not properly secure a wheel chair. Cummings Mobility will provide replacement parts free of charge to resolve the concern.