1997 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- I OWN A 1997 FORD E350 V10 18FT BOX TRUCK LOUD TAPPIND SOUNDS FROM TOP OF MOTOR
- why did both my front and rear fan motors stop working at the same time?
- we have 97 ambulance losing brake fluid with no leak nothing wet
- 1997 e350 ford ambulance losing brake fluid with no leak we have put every thing
- On my van code po404 came up so I replace the egr valve and now that code
1997 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
This concern relates to vehicles equipped with the E4OD and 4R100 automatic transmissions. Fluid leaks from the rear of the transmission and excessive vibration felt in the vehicle while driving can be caused by a lack of lubrication to the rear of the transmission and rear seal failure. The extension housing (rear portion of transmission) can lose lubrication if the fluid supply hole becomes clogged. This leads to rear seal failure from lack of lubrication, and can cause bearing failure in the extension housing. The extension housing and gasket should be replaced and verify the fluid supply hole is clear of debris.
1997 Ford E-350 Questions
everything new as cyls and pads shoes nothing is wet 5 new master cyl
Is gone and the van idle rough and code po401 comes up now.what wrong and how to fix it
1997 Ford E-350 Recalls
For handicap conversion vans modified by Cummings Mobility, the Braun wheel chair lift may have latches that do not properly secure a wheel chair. Cummings Mobility will provide replacement parts free of charge to resolve the concern.
1997 Ford E-350 Reviews
5.4 engine is a joke, try changing spark plugs. engineers and designers must have been assleep!