1997 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Ford E-350
- Rough Running Engine and Possible Check Engine Light
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- ac is on I'm getting cold air up front, and the heater comes on in the back
- Why was my old plug & coil on plug soaked with oil?
- I have a ford F800 1997 I am leaking fluid from the back passenger side brake
- How to change the oil cooler on top of the oil filter?
- where can I get a diagram of a '97 club wagon heating system ?
1997 Ford E-350 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
1997 Ford E-350 Questions
it does not do it all the time, but its doing this more often its getting to be like 50% of the time now. And living in AZ it is a pain while it summer time.
the truck has hydrolic brakes
why would coolant keep leaking in the oil i already change