1993 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford E-350
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Check Engine Light Illumination for Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) Flow
- van will not crank over, it just clicks and the volts go down as i try to start
- Why are my front brakes holding?
- Missing electrical part for Ford e350.
- 2001 Chevy Malibu will not take fuel. Would a bad vent solenoid cause this?
- I have a e350 ambulance,I am getting 12.2 on the volt meter and its not starting
1993 Ford E-350 Problems
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
This concern relates to vehicles equipped with the E4OD and 4R100 automatic transmissions. Fluid leaks from the rear of the transmission and excessive vibration felt in the vehicle while driving can be caused by a lack of lubrication to the rear of the transmission and rear seal failure. The extension housing (rear portion of transmission) can lose lubrication if the fluid supply hole becomes clogged. This leads to rear seal failure from lack of lubrication, and can cause bearing failure in the extension housing. The extension housing and gasket should be replaced and verify the fluid supply hole is clear of debris.
1993 Ford E-350 Questions
i just replaced the starter, and have installed two new cable post pos. and neg. but still have the same problem. oh... all the fuse's are good... please help.....
My brakes are dragging on my 1993 ford Econoline van e350. I have changed the master cylinder, front calipers and the brake hoses.front brakes are holding. Does anybody know why?
I have a 1993 Ford e350 Ambulance with a 7.3 Diesel tourbo Powerstroke.There is an electrical component located to the back of the high-pressure oil system reservois,it is small box with four pins to plug into harnest.What is the name of that part and the part number?