1992 Ford E-350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Ford E-350
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle While Driving - Fluid Leaks From Rear of Transmission
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Check Engine Light Illumination for Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) Flow
- sometimes it cranks up fine next time it want when it dont it not firing
- I have a new battery and no power. I have no inside lights or anything.
- after spending 45 minutes trying to level motorhome noticed trans fluid leak
- 1992 E350 5.8L No Start condition despite a lot of new parts.
- Oil & Filter Capacity
1992 Ford E-350 Problems
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
This concern relates to vehicles equipped with the E4OD and 4R100 automatic transmissions. Fluid leaks from the rear of the transmission and excessive vibration felt in the vehicle while driving can be caused by a lack of lubrication to the rear of the transmission and rear seal failure. The extension housing (rear portion of transmission) can lose lubrication if the fluid supply hole becomes clogged. This leads to rear seal failure from lack of lubrication, and can cause bearing failure in the extension housing. The extension housing and gasket should be replaced and verify the fluid supply hole is clear of debris.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
1992 Ford E-350 Questions
Please help! 1992 E350 w/5.8L, 160k miles. 4 weeks into this mysterious No Start problem now. :-(
Unable to have it towed anywhere because of remote location.
Update to where I'm at with the engine:
Electrical: New Ignition Coil, Distributor (PIP), Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs, ICM, Ignitio...
Looking through Manual I don't find the capacity. I want to change the oil & filter
always start but when you drive and press gas it will die out but always restart. Could this be caused by bad fuel injector.
1992 Ford E-350 Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 E and F Series vehicles due to improper tension in the accessory drive belt. On some vehicles, the belt can detach from the pulleys, which can cause multiple system failures. Dealers will install a new tensioner pulley, drive belt, belt guide, and idler pulley.