Explore Your 1999 Ford E-250
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for the 1999 Ford E-250
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
- Fairfax Auto Repair (703) 596-4643 | 18.09mi
1999 Ford E-250 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
Engine oil may leak externally from the cylinder head gasket. The gaskets were contaminated with metal debris from the factory – between the block and gasket and/or the head and gasket. To correct, the head gasket must be replaced and the mating surfaces on the cylinder head and block need to be inspected for chips or damage. In some cases the cylinder head will not be repairable and will need replacement.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
1999 Ford E-250 Questions
heat comes out when van is moving but the fan does not work.
I need to know what kind of automatic transmission fluid my van needs.
No fault codes set. Intermittantly runs rough on initial throttle opening only. I replaced the coil pack, all the vacuum hoses, ignition wire set, spark plugs, cleaned throttle body. Condition persists. I am thinking maybe a faulty ER valve or TPS, but they're not easy to get to so I'm ...