1998 Ford E-250 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Ford E-250
- RR-brake shoes,rear brake drums ceramic frt pads, frt brake rotors andfrtcaliper
- Need a quote on these items
- How much in labor is involved in replacing the switch for the motor blower?
- How to tell if I have 4 wheel abs on my 1998 e250 5.4L van
- how much would it cost to get my rocket cover gasket replaced in my ford fiesta?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Ford E-250 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
Engine oil may leak externally from the cylinder head gasket. The gaskets were contaminated with metal debris from the factory – between the block and gasket and/or the head and gasket. To correct, the head gasket must be replaced and the mating surfaces on the cylinder head and block need to be inspected for chips or damage. In some cases the cylinder head will not be repairable and will need replacement.
1998 Ford E-250 Questions
rr shoes and drums, rr wheel cylinders and bleeding system,frt brake rotors, frt brake calipers
RR brake shoes
rear brake drums and brake fluid rear wheel cylinders
Ceramic front pads
frt brake rotors and front brake calipers
Engine size V* 5.4L 4spd/TA RWD
Please send a quote
how much would it cost to get my rocket cover gasket replaced in my 1998 ford fiesta??
1998 Ford E-250 Recalls
1998 Ford E-250 Reviews
MY E250 4.2 V6 Ive had it for a few years now, van had 116.000 miles when i got it. I put a rebuilt engine in it ,new alternator, fuel rail, 6 injectors, mass air flo Censor. and recently put a fuel pump and filters my van now is 290.000 miles trans & rear end may need some work soon but seems ok. my problem im having now is my car turns on fine but when i accelerate a little 2much my car spu...
GOIN ON 300,000 MILES ITS AT 297,989 ITS BEEN MY VAN FOR YEARS I USED IT TO DELIVER FOR DHL EXPRESS FOR YEARS, NEVER SHUT IT OFF ALL DAY IT RAN WITH THE A/C RUNNING IF IT WAS SUMMER, HAD TO REPLACE CAMSHAFT PROBABLY BECAUSE I DRIVE IT HARD AND PUSH IT PAST THE CUTOFF BUT OTHER THAN THAT I USE ORIGINAL PART FOR THE BRAKES THEY LAST LONGER AND ARE MORE RELIABLE. LOVE MY VAN REFUSED TO SELL AFTER ...