1999 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford E-150
- My van had no heat. There was a repair made on the coolant tube that runs under
- How to fix Code P0104 It is present.
- my engine would lose power around 40mph and tranny didnt want to shift into od
- why would my van start to take a jump from other car and then suddenly stop?
- Changed Spark Plugs and wires.Now hesitates on acc. Kinda like a misfire.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Ford E-150 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
Engine oil may leak externally from the cylinder head gasket. The gaskets were contaminated with metal debris from the factory – between the block and gasket and/or the head and gasket. To correct, the head gasket must be replaced and the mating surfaces on the cylinder head and block need to be inspected for chips or damage. In some cases the cylinder head will not be repairable and will need replacement.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
1999 Ford E-150 Questions
The heater core is not clogged, I flushed the radiator and installed a thermostat. The hoses to and from.the heater core still won't get hot. What could be the problem? It had heat before the repair
Service Engine Light is ON, I Clear the code and it come back. How to fix it
just recently my battery quit holding any charge and when i put a charger on it, it started to charge and then hour later stopped(3 weeks ago) yesterday my son tried jump starting my van with his truck and it started to take charge then stopped. Any solutions you can give would be great!!
1999 Ford E-150 Recalls
1999 Ford E-150 Reviews
back doors seem to always leak on all ford vans. blower motor, blower motor switch and resistor have problems.replaced one of these at least 5 times. front ends on ford vans are notoriously bad. i have had to replace front end twice. rust on bottom edges more than on other vans or cars. also i have had to replace coil pack. other than these problems van is fine.