2004 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Ford Crown Victoria
- I have to play with the accelerator to get the transmission to move.
- .on a ford LS ll after changing all the plastic ,thermostat,why is it overheatin
- everytime I put water or antifreeze in the radiator itand run down by the intake
- When I fill the radiator up with water it leaks out like a spray -
- Why is when I fill the radiator up with water it sprays out a leak to the right
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
The throttle position sensor (TPS) may fail. Common symptoms of a defective TPS can be rough idle, hard starting, hesitation on acceleration, poor fuel economy, and stalling.
2004 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
For the most part the transmission works good except when the light turns green I have to pump the gas a few times until it goes into gear.
Occasionally like 20% of the time it slips a little in passing gear if I accelerate to hard but 80% of the time the passing gear works fine.
I am a taxi d...
its still boil over in the reserve jug after idiling after running 10 minutes
only need to know what the function is. Does it have anything to do with shifting the blower from ac vents to floor vents as that is my problem