2003 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Ford Crown Victoria
- The shift cable fell off the transmission. It is connected inside the car.
- Rough Idle, Nearly Stalls accelerating from idle & inclines - very rough accel
- My car won't start MY CAR WON'T START. THE DASH LIGHTS UP AND THERE'S NO CLUCKIN
- Look plez help me my car is skiping bad sum of the coils fire when they want
- crown vic 2002 blower for climate control has quit, how do I find if fuse?
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
Catalytic converter failure is common. Internal components become loose, causing a rattle or creating back pressure in the exhaust.
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
The shift inside the car floats across the gears. It is disconnected under the car but is still connected inside. Can I fix this myself? Has there been a recall?
I chang them and the fuel pump regerlata all that i jus dont know
I came home, parked my car, and the next time I went to use it, it wouldn't budge. It had done this once before, but after working with it, it worked.
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Recalls
Vehicles subject to chassis overloading may experience premature rear wheel bearing failure. This could ultimately lead to axle shaft fracture. In the event of axle fracture, the vehicle would lose drive function and would coast to a stop. Loss of drive function could lead to a crash. Dealers will replace the wheel bearings, seals, and axle shafts to correct this concern. The Ford recall number is 04S16.