2001 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Ford Crown Victoria
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
An oil leak may develop from the the right side head gasket. Oil from this type of leak will commonly drip onto the starter. Our technician tell us an updated head gasket is available to correct this concern.
2001 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
I attempted to bend the wiper arm slightly to apply more pressure to the wiper blade and it seemed to work for a couple days but then the wiper blade popped up again and will not stay down?
it only blowes cold
air blowes cold not hot change temp. but no change in air blowes cold
2001 Ford Crown Victoria Recalls
2001 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews
333000 miles and still kicking. Used to belong to the police and then a taxi company. I bought it 2 months ago and all I've done is change the brakes and replace the radiator hoses. Runs like a champ!!!
Great car. Rides like a tank, heavy in the corners. Very durable. Parts are cheap and easy to find. Aftermarket parts are hard to come by. But a lot of aftermarket mustang parts fit onto it.