1999 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford Crown Victoria
- Intake Manifold May Crack Leaking Coolant Behind the Alternator
- EVP Sensor Failure May Cause Drivability/Fuel Economy Issues
- Police/Fleet/Natural Gas Models May Experience Lower Ball Joint Wear
- Heater Hose Outlet May Leak Coolant at Back of Intake Manifold
- Oil May Leak Onto Starter From Passenger-Side Head Gasket
- Hello, i have ford crown victoria 1999, a recent problem that appeard is when i
- I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE BATTERY LIGHT COMING ON
- what causes car to idle rough then stall and smoke blow out of exhaust?
- 1999 ford crownvic. my son lost my owner manual and i want to find the location
- how much would it cost for my car to be rewired?
1999 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
1999 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
if you let off acceleration it will blow cold. cant tell if
a/c clutch is cycling correctly. Recent misfire in cylinder
4 and a/c started doing this. recently had intake replaced. ran great until positive cable post connector cracked and I replaced it.
What can make this happen
Can a bad connection to the battery make my head lights stop working. my head lights won't stay on I change the switch but they still won't stay on