1999 Ford Crown Victoria Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Ford Crown Victoria
- Intake Manifold May Crack Leaking Coolant Behind the Alternator
- EVP Sensor Failure May Cause Drivability/Fuel Economy Issues
- Police/Fleet/Natural Gas Models May Experience Lower Ball Joint Wear
- Heater Hose Outlet May Leak Coolant at Back of Intake Manifold
- Oil May Leak Onto Starter From Passenger-Side Head Gasket
- my car shakes then cuts off
- First sympton running lights stay on, car cranks wont start.fuel pump is good theres gas in the fuil rail good, running lights flicker on off still no car start just cranks. icp housing leaking little bit cracked now my car trys to start itself up ???????
- Hello, i have ford crown victoria 1999, a recent problem that appeard is when i
- I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE BATTERY LIGHT COMING ON
- what causes car to idle rough then stall and smoke blow out of exhaust?
1999 Ford Crown Victoria Problems
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
The EGR valve position (EVP) sensor can fail on this vehicle. The EVP sensor measures the EGR valve position and transmits the date to the engine control computer. If it fails, drivability and fuel economy can suffer, the Check Engine Light will commonly illuminate.
Certain police, fleet, and natural gas models may experience lower ball joint wear, requiring replacement of the front ball joints. Ford has issued a recall on certain vehicles for this condition. Please contact your local dealer for more information.
1999 Ford Crown Victoria Questions
Hello, i have ford crown victoria 1999, a recent problem that appeard is when i drive the engine light blinks and engine stops.
if the engine is start not moving or acceleration it's okay.
i have recently changed fuel pump, plugs, airflow sensor.
please help me
if you let off acceleration it will blow cold. cant tell if
a/c clutch is cycling correctly. Recent misfire in cylinder
4 and a/c started doing this. recently had intake replaced. ran great until positive cable post connector cracked and I replaced it.
Like a previous questioner below, my Crown Vic is experiencing the brakes "kicking back" about 60-70% of the time, like when on ice but during regular weather. It has a grinding sound when it happens and pulsates also. Is this the ABS malfunctioning? And, if so, what part(s) need to be ...